Friday, October 29, 2010

More About the 2010 Influenza Vaccine

Since my last post about Influenza, the Vaccine and Vitamin D I've come across more pertinent information:

Given this information, one would think the United States would reconsider promoting the influenza vaccine, but doctors all over the US are still telling their patients to get the shot, along with propaganda everywhere.  Even pregnant women are being encouraged to get the vaccine, when we don't really know what effect it could have on them or their unborn children.

2 comments:

  1. My sister and I were just discussing that it seems like there are tables EVERYWHERE promoting *free* flu shots (they charge your insurance or get your medicaid information). Like at the mall, drug store, health fairs, everywhere. What is up with this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's something I mentioned in my blog post about the flu last week (http://mamasandbabies.blogspot.com/2010/10/influenze-vaccine-and-vitamin-d.html). I see signs, booths, and tables everywhere I go. It's all over the news. I personally think it's motivated by business, because if it were truly about health I don't think they would be pushing it like that. I'm sure there have been millions, if not billions of flu shots manufactured, and the US is probably one of the largest consumer countries. If the United States were to ban the shot as other countries have done, it puts a serious dent in the vaccine business. I really don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I've done a bit of research, and it's the only explanation I can come up with. I'd be happy to hear other opinions on it.

    ReplyDelete