Friday, October 15, 2010

Breast Milk Reduces Vaccine Effectiveness

"Vaccination proponents have suggested that breastfeeding should be delayed in order to prevent immune factors within breast milk from inactivating vaccine-associated antibody titer elevations and 'vaccine potency.'"


If breast milk immunities decrease the effectiveness of the rotavirus vaccine, then why don't we stick to breastfeeding and skip the vaccine?  Logically the breast milk will also protect against rotavirus itself. Delay breastfeeding?  I think not.  That would put my baby at an even higher risk of getting sick than if I were to opt out of the vaccine.  I've never had any of my breastfed babies get sick with rotavirus.

I'm all for choice, and I support informed decisions whether parents decide to vaccinate their children or not.  I just feel it needs to be an informed choice, and not simply based on one professional's recommendation.  Do your research!

No comments:

Post a Comment