Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pain Free!

Remember the severe low back and pelvic pain I was having? It's gone.

My friend Cherieann recommended that I try taking Cod Liver Oil and she sent me a bottle to try. That was a smart move on her part, because between the exhaustion and the pain I was feeling I might not have put forth the effort to get it myself.

She sent me this bottle of Carlson Cod Liver Oil: 


It comes in softgels so you don't taste the fishy taste. Please forgive me, but I don't remember all the reasons she said it would be helpful, but I trusted her advice and told her I would try it. I'd also read about the wonderful benefits of Cod Liver Oil before, but I'd never tried it, and I wanted to see what it would do for me.

I took 4 softgels each morning when I first woke up, along with a big glass full of water. Occasionally I got little fish burps, but I'm familiar with that from taking omega supplements in the past, and it didn't bother me.

At first I didn't notice anything, but about 4-5 days later I realized my pain was gone. Completely. Not just eased, or a little better, but gone. I can function so much better now!

Some highlights from the supplement facts on the bottle:
Vitamin A
Vitamin D
Vitamin E
Omega 3 fatty acids
EPA
DHA

I guess I was deficient in one or more of these things, and didn't realize it. Thankfully, my friend Cheriann was able to recognize a need and suggest a solution.

Check out Cherieann's facebook page: The Black Sheep Princess. A page about living life off the mainstream and taking charge of your life in various ways: from health, to birthing, to finances, to your attitude, relationships, and more. Cherieann is a genuine person who wants to help people. She has a goal of being a health and nutrition coach and helping people achieve full health.

5 comments:

  1. That is wonderful that you found a solution!!! We take CLO daily and unfortunately it didn't help me with my severe SPD, but I do fully believe in it's benefits and I think the majority of American's could greatly benefit from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you JoyFilled :) I think each person has distinct needs, and it can be tricky figuring out exactly what your body needs. I'm taking about 5,000 mg (5 gelcaps) daily, which is a lot, but it's helping a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, this is great, I have never heard of it for SPD before, but I will pass it on to moms with SPD I meet in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheridan, I'm not positive my problem was SPD, but it was a possibility. I'm just glad I found something that helps so much.

    ReplyDelete