Monday, November 1, 2010

Expert Advice For Expectant Parents

Jill from The Unnecesarean attended a lecture by Penny Simkin recently at UCSD Medical Center, and she's recorded and shared her notes from the lecture here:


Penny Simkin is one of my heroes.  I've read some of her books, and I admire her for her work with childbirth and in helping to establish doulas all over the world to support women in labor and birth.

Here's a very short bio from Jill:

"Penny Simkin is a physical therapist, co-founder of DONA, doula and childbirth educator who emphasizes the importance of providing women with compassionate care in labor."

Please read through all of the notes.  Penny has some really important words of advice for expectant parents everywhere!  Please also look into reading some of Penny's wonderful books, including "The Birth Partner" and "Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn".

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I took Penny's childbirth class and we were so lucky to have had her as a teacher. The midwife who assisted my birth was not fantastic, but the nurses were amazing and my husband was phenomenal - and he thanks Penny for teaching him how to be a proactive, compassionate birth partner. We have our birth class reunion this weekend, and I can't wait for my babe to meet the woman who helped us prepare!

    ReplyDelete