Remember this post: Two Hundred Hospitals Nationwide Will Replace Formula Sample Bags With Breastfeeding Support Bags?
Each time I had a baby in the hospital they offered me a free bag with coupons and product samples. They always asked me if I wanted the formula bag or the breastfeeding bag. The "formula" bag was made by Enfamil, a baby formula company, and the "breastfeeding" bag was made by Similac, another formula company! Both bags contained free samples of baby formula along with other coupons and offers.
For a mom who plans to breastfeed exclusively, offering free samples of baby formula undermines her efforts and makes her feel like she is expected to inevitably fail at breastfeeding. The implication is made that eventually she'll need to give her baby formula, so she may as well have some to start with. Who benefits from this type of marketing? Not the babies or the moms.
The Healthy Baby Bounty Bag is a hospital discharge bag designed by Cottonwood Kids specifically for breastfeeding moms. The bag has information, coupons and samples that support breastfeeding, and it includes no formula samples or artificial nipples that could undermine breastfeeding efforts.
So, what does the bag have in it?
The samples are as follows:
- Disposable Nursing Pads
- Milk Storage Bags
- Latch on Tips card
- Mothers Milk Tea
- Diaper Wipes
- Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment
- Boogie Wipes Anti Viral Tissues
- Sani Hands- Hand Sanitzer
- Sear Portrait Studio Coupon
- Free Gift Card for the mother that gifts can be redeemed on-line. Everyone gets a gift. Prizes include a $5,000 savings bond, free breast pumps nursing pillows and more.
Coupon Book that includes coupons from the following companies
- Lansinoh – Gel Pads
- Lansinoh- Breast Pads
- Lansinoh- Pumps
- Lansinoh- HPA Lanolin Breast Cream
- Lansinoh – Breastmilk Storage Bags
- Bravado Designs Breastfeeding Bras
- Mother’s Milk Organic Tea to promote lactation
- My Brest Friend Nursing Pillows
- Bebe Au Lait Nursing Covers
- Aquaphor Diaper Cream, Shampoo and Healing Ointment
- Sear Portrait Studios Portraits
- Seventh Generation Diapers
- Seventh Generation Wipes
- Seventh Generation Natural Cleaning Products
- Seventh Generation Feminine Care Products
- Boogie Wipes Anti Viral Tissues
- Sani Hands Hand Sanitizer
- Ergo Baby: Ergonomically correct baby carriers
- Baby Stay Asleep: Infant positioning System to help with reflux
- Belly Bar Nutrition Products for Mothers
- Milkscreen Human Milk Banking Association of North America
The coupons themselves add up to over $100.00 in savings.
Plus, the bag itself is designed to be used as a cooler/storage tote for expressed breastmilk.
All you really need to breastfeed your baby is what God gave you, but the free samples, information and support can help as well.
Now comes the fun part... a Healthy Baby Bounty Bag Giveaway!
There are several ways you can enter to win your own bounty bag, and you can do as many of them as you'd like:
- Blog about this giveaway on your blog and include a link to my blog.
- Become a public follower of my blog. If you are already a public follower, please post a comment and let me know so I can confirm it.
- Refer a new public follower to my blog (include the person's blogger name for confirmation). For each referral, you will receive one entry in the giveaway.
- Post about this giveaway on facebook.
- Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter.
There will be 2 winners. For each entry you make, you must post a separate comment on this thread in order to get credit for it. Please include your email address in each comment. If you tweet or post on facebook about this giveaway you may do so once per day during the contest and receive credit for each time, as long as you post a new comment on this thread each time. The giveaway will run 2 weeks, and I plan to announce the 2 winners on March 13. No entries will be accepted after 7pm MST on Friday March 12.