Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Busy Life Gets Busier

I have so many exciting things happening right now!

I'm already busy with my family and 5 young children, and I wouldn't ever expect to take on more than I've already got on my plate. However, my passion for pregnancy and birth runs deep, and it's pushing me forward to do more. I'm stretching and growing, and I'm happy, excited and nervous at the same time.

I'm moving forward with my midwifery apprenticeship

I'm apprenticing under the same midwife who attended my own home birth less than 6 months ago. This is something I decided to do during my last pregnancy, but the timing wasn't right for me to start at that time. I can do this apprenticeship somewhat at my own pace, and that works for me since my first obligation is to my home and family. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to be taking the next steps to become a midwife. It will take about 5 years (hopefully not longer than that), and I plan to become a Direct Entry Midwife who will attend home births. I haven't yet decided if I'll become licensed or not. I have my first official apprentice meeting this week, and I've got some serious reading to get started on. This will add to what I've learned as a mother and a doula, and I hope to help support many many women in the coming years.

I'm involved in the very early stages of a collaborative effort in educating expectant parents about pregnancy and birth options

That's all I can really say about it for now. I'm teaming up with some amazing women and I'm so excited for what we will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment