Sunday, December 21, 2008

Herbal Tea Helps Boost Breastmilk Production


I finally made it to the health food store yesterday and I bought this herbal tea made by Yogi Tea. It's called Woman's Nursing Mom, and on the package it claims to help boost breastmilk production. I brought it home and made myself a cup of it last night. After just one cup of this tea I was able to nurse my baby 3 times in the same time period I would normally be able to nurse her once.

This tea has Chamomile Flower, Fennel Seed, Stinging Nettle Leaf, Anise Seed, Fenugreek Seed and English Lavendar Flower.

The tea smells strongly of licorice (from the Anise seed), and has a strong licorice taste. I added lots of honey to it because I don't like licorice and wanted to mask the taste as much as possible. I'll just keep adding honey to it, because so far it's well worth it for the benefits.

You should be able to get this tea at most health food stores, and it's also available to purchase online. Amazon.com even has packages of 6 boxes for about $18, which is an excellent price. I paid about $5 for one box, and there are 16 tea bags in each box. I plan to drink it once a day, and hopefully it will continue to boost my milk production.

2 comments:

  1. I used this and it worked for me, but only really well when I drank plenty of water during the day too. I drank it at night and sometimes doubled the tea bags, but used only 8 oz of water. I had PLENTY of milk the next morning. I didn't have to do that every night though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina Skinner - Sandy, UTAugust 12, 2009 at 6:06 PM

    I have never had a live birth but I've been doing my research. I found a tea blend at www.bulkherbstore.com called Mama's Milk Tea. You can find it under the "herb blends" section.

    Also, they carry a blend called Mama's Red Raspberry Brew and it's supposed to aid in a less painful labor.

    Thanks for your site! So informative!

    ReplyDelete