Saturday, November 29, 2008

Yummy, Healthy Green Smoothie

My good friend Melissa is a Doula Trainer and Raw Vegan Chef. A few years ago she gave me a simple recipe for a green smoothie, and I love it! Whenever I drink these yummy smoothies I feel refreshed, and I usually get a nice clean burst of energy. They are packed with vitamins and nutrients. I plan on drinking at least 3 per week to try and supplement the nutrients my body needs for a growing fetus and a nursing baby.

Green Smoothie

1 C packed dark leafy greens such as spinach, kale or collard greens
1 mango, coarsely chopped
2 C orange juice
2-4 C frozen blueberries

Blend in a high speed blender and enjoy!

You can play around with the combination of fruit and greens, and try it with different flavors of juice. It's fun, and my kids love them just as much as I do. You can't taste the greens if you use enough berries.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Heather, I hope you like it! Feel free to post the recipe on your blog as well, if you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love green smoothies :)

    PS - Great blog, I love the topics!

    Cheers,
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete