Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Gift of Giving Life Book Review


This book review is a stop on the Virtual Book Tour for The Gift of Giving Life


From the Authors:


The Gift of Giving Life: Rediscovering the Divine Nature of Pregnancy and Birth
offers something that no other book has before–a spiritual look at pregnancy, birth and mothering by and for LDS women and other women of faith.
The Gift of Giving Life does not advocate for any one type of birth or approach to prenatal care, rather it intends to unify families and communities in regard to the sacredness of birth. We also aim to provide you with resources, information, and inspiration that you may not have had access to all in one place before.
We have been commanded to “multiply and replenish the earth,” but with this commandment we were also given a reason: that we might have joy. We hope that this book brings peace, joy, and comfort to families everywhere.

From Me:

The Gift of Giving Life has been one of my favorite books about pregnancy and birth, and I've read lots of them! It was my pleasure to contribute my breech baby's birth story to the book, and my husband contributed a piece about my miscarriages. That automatically gives me a personal interest, but the book itself is different than any other that I've seen.

Never before have I seen a book that talks about pregnancy and birth so much from a spiritual aspect, and covers all topics with that spiritual perspective. It's written by LDS women, but it can be appreciated by anyone of any faith. I love the layout, so it can be read from cover to cover or used as a resource and studied by topic. The pages are shaded differently to make it easier to flip to the section and topic you want to read, which helps a lot because it's a book that you'll want to keep coming back to.

One of my favorite aspects of The Gift of Giving Life is the sheer number of personal accounts by both men and women. Each section of the book includes personal stories relevant to the topic, and each story is as unique as its author. Some of the accounts are written by people who are well known in the blogging world, and each one touches your heart in its own way.

I've long felt that pregnancy and birth is a period of great spiritual growth and experience, and The Gift of Giving Life has managed to capture and express many feelings that I've struggled to put into words. I highly recommend this book to anyone who's interested in learning more about how spirituality can tie in with every aspect of human reproduction.


Free Bonus Gifts when you buy a copy of The Gift of Giving Life during the book tour. Just visit The Gift of Giving Life to find out the details!

The Gift of Giving Life Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Amazon

4 comments:

  1. I agree! I finished it for my first time, and it was only a matter of minutes before I had begun it for my second time. I could never, ever tire of this book. The Spirit and power that I feel when I read is just too addicting. ;) :)

    Thank you for this review, Cherylyn! :)

    Shaylee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again for contributing to the book. I loved your birth story and input on the Healing From Sorrow essay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for share your idea in the book i hope the book can help many people who need the information

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have the book yet, but I really want it. It's at the top of my wish list for sure! I love your thoughts and insights! I link to your blog from my own and I'd love for your to check it out. http://www.womanofservice.com/
    <3

    ReplyDelete