Saturday, January 31, 2009

General Update

I really need to apologize to my readers. I've been so busy working on the syllabus for my upcoming doula training, that I've neglected to post on my blog much this month. This past week, in particular, has been completely chaotic for me in every way because I had to put in some serious time finishing the syllabus. The training is next week, and the syllabus had to be done in time to have it printed for the wonderful ladies that are attending the training! My poor family has had to put up with my complete distraction and lack of attention toward them and our home. I managed to keep everyone fed and clothed, but that was about it. I'm glad to have my time back to focus on my family.

That leads me to the next topic: Doula Training!!! I am so excited! I've been waiting for this for several months, working with my trainer to help her get the syllabus done and get a class booked. I've been looking forward to this for so long, and it's finally here (next week, anyway). As I was working on the syllabus this past week I started to doubt whether I'm really cut out to be a doula, and whether I'd really be able to do it. I'm grateful to my midwife, who told me just yesterday "you're going to be an awesome doula!" That was exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you Sherri.

In other news: I've scheduled my ultrasound! I realized that in just 3 short weeks I'll be 20 weeks along, and it will be the perfect time for an ultrasound. I'm going to the clinic where my OB works, so my health insurance will cover it. One drawback is that I have to get at least one prenatal checkup with the OB in order to have the ultrasound. It seems redundant, since I'm already having regular checkups with my midwife. I'll go in for labs (blood work) and paperwork in about 2 weeks, and a week after that I will have an ultrasound and a checkup with the physician. I'm not worried about anything and I don't expect any problems to arise, but I really like to have an ultrasound to see my baby and verify the baby's gender. I believe this one is a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment